KASGRO 325 Ton, 12 Axle, 36′ Depressed Center, Heavy Duty Flat Car
The prototype car has a 36’ long center deck and an overall car length of just over 112’ between the coupler pulling faces. The car is supported by six, 125 ton trucks using 38” wheels. The majority of loads carried by the four cars in this class are very heavy transformers.
The HO scale model is an impressive 15 ¼” long and easily makes for a “centerpiece” car in your roster. While a dominating car physically compared to other types of rolling stock, it is not too big that it is limited on where it can run. In fact, the model has been designed to run on 20” radius curves with or without a load and remain stable with no tendency to derail. Please note that on such tight curves, the model and load will not always meet the NMRA clearance standards. A good rule-of-thumb is if an 89′ autorack car runs fine on the track, then this car should also run as well. A template is available to download so you can check your layout if you have any concerns before purchasing.
In addition to the accuracy of the model, we also wanted it to run like a champ. Considerable time has gone into developing and testing the span bolsters and trucks. We wanted the car to be easy to place on the track, and a car that performs well on less than perfect track so you can enjoy watching your car as it passes by.
The video below shows a consist with 4 of these cars with loads running on the awesome layout located at the Colorado Model Railroad Museum in Greeley, Colorado.
The video below shows different loads on all three of our 12 Axle cars.
The model is produced as a kit and as fully assembled in two versions. Road numbers 300360 through 300362 have 8 weld plates on the lower transitions. Road number 300363 does not have the lower weld plates.
The kits assembles easily and includes everything you need to complete the car other than CA glue, paint, and a few hand tools. A complete list of features and details are listed below.
- Strong polymer plastic body, end platforms, and span bolsters
- 125 Ton Trucks with bearing points already “tuned”
- Truck sideframes use metal springs already installed
- 38″ Semi-scale Metal Wheelsets
- Stainless Steel Grab Irons and Levers
- Kadee “Scale” Whisker ® couplers
- Brake System Details
- Masking templates for painting the white areas on the car
- Car body has cavities for weights
- Fully assembled car weighs approximately 6.3 oz empty
- Loaded car with Railfan Models loads weighs between 13 and 15 oz depending on the load
- Car body includes two magnets to secure loads on the depressed center deck (loads sold separately)
- Span Bolsters have limited travel to aid placing in the box and placing on the track
- Will negotiate curves down to 20 inches without derailing or losing stability with or without a load
- Custom Micro Scale Decals that include all 4 road numbers used by Kasgro
- Reflective tape from Smokebox Graphics
- Box with custom foam inserts to store and transport your assembled model safely
Pricing is as follows:
$165 for KRL 300360-300362 Kit
$160 for KRL 300363 Kit
To purchase any of our products, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the product(s) you want and provide your shipping address. We will send you a PayPal invoice with the product(s) and shipping total. US domestic orders will ship USPS First Class or Priority mail if over 16 oz. For international orders, we will provide you a quote using USPS International Mail, or Fed Ex/UPS if you prefer those carriers, prior to sending the PayPal invoice. As we tend to have a backlog of orders, we will provide you the estimated ship date at the time of your request.